Translate

Friday, May 17, 2013

So, I Was Playing with Fire

This isn't the actual piece I started with. It was about half the length, maybe four inches long but it came off of the same pick up truck coil spring.

This is my homemade forge made from fence posts, a tractor disc and a tire rim. The fuel source is regular charcoal and the air supply comes from a $9.00 hair dryer I picked up from Wal-Mart. I can reduce diamonds to ash with this puppy.

This is the "rough" blank I pounded and twisted from the bit of coil spring.


Here's the proof that I made the piece. Yep, that's my scull and crossed bones tattooed hand.

Here's the pretty knife all nice and finished after one quenching (to harden the steel back up), three temperings (too toughen it so it's no longer brittle) and a polishing on the blade portion only because I'm artsy like that. Let's not forget the sharpening. I can shave with this little beasty.

The "Dragon Tail" (that's what I'm calling it) is about 8 1/2 to 9 inches in over all length with a 4 inch or so razor sharp edge.

7 comments:

drollgirl said...

pretty impressive!!!

and i am laughing that you used the term AIR SUPPLY. ;)

BlazngScarlet said...

It's beautiful!
And yes, VERY impressive!

drollgirl said...

love the idea of the old tires as planters. DO IT!!!! and take pics and blog about it!!!!

sorry if this reads BOSSY. lol. sometimes i am. :)

happy three day weekend!

Kimberly said...

Your hand is dirty!

BlazngScarlet said...

Where are you?????
You disappeared again! :(

Unknown said...

That looks deadly, brudda... yet, no use for arms in Seventh-Heaven. Lemme tella youse bout our eternal salvation...

The more you shall honor Me,
the more I shall bless you.
-the Infant Jesus of Prague
(<- Czech Republic, next to Russia)

trustNjesus, bro,
and wiseabove to Seventh-Heaven...
cuzz the other realm aint too cool.
God bless your indelible soul.

Unknown said...

That looks deadly, brudda... yet, no use for arms in Seventh-Heaven. Lemme tella youse bout our eternal salvation...

The more you shall honor Me,
the more I shall bless you.
-the Infant Jesus of Prague
(<- Czech Republic, next to Russia)

trustNjesus, bro,
and wiseabove to Seventh-Heaven...
cuzz the other realm aint too cool.
God bless your indelible soul.